where to shoot?
Here are locations we suggest for shoots because there’s gorgeous light or because they simply look great for pictures.
– botanical gardens
– green field near hort park
– saddle club (fee required)
– tiong bahru estate
– old playgrounds
– haji lane (before 10am because it will be too crowded with shoppers after that)
– railway track
– black & white colonial houses
– national museum exterior
– national museum interior (fee required)
– singapore art museum exterior
– singapore art museum interior (fee required)
– marina barrage (on weekdays because it will be too crowded on weekends)
– changi airport
– cafes/restaurants (usually shoots are only allowed on weekdays and fee or minimum spending is required)
– where you first got to know each other
– where he/she proposed
– venue of your wedding ceremony/celebration
p.s.: some locations require approval and/or charge a fee for photoshoots
when to shoot?
To catch the best light, we will be shooting either early morning or late afternoon.
what to wear?
For gals, dresses are usually great options – eg. maxi dress, skater dress, etc.
For guys, do wear a light colour light-weight shirt (because it can get quite hot and humid during shoots) with chinos, jeans or knee-length bermudas.
Light colors are usually recommended. Avoid bold colours and busy prints.
Dress up in outfits you look good and feel comfortable in.
what about makeup & hair?
You could choose to do your own makeup or engage in a professional makeup artist. Usually makeup with matte finish and low/ no SPF work best for photos.
Hairstyles for both gals and guys should stay in place through the shoot. You could bring along some makeup and hair pins for touch-ups.
what if it rains
If it rains, we will postpone the shoot to another date depending on our availability.
should I bring props?
Yes! Props and themes add elements of interest to your photos. They are also great for camera shy couples. A few ideas…
– travel themed
vintage suitcase, camera, paper airplanes made of maps
– retro themed
vintage car, bike, typewriter, retro outfits, old photos
a picnic mat/ blanket, basket of goodies, flowers
– food items
your favourite snacks likes chips, popcorn etc or colourful ones like macaroons, candy floss, lollipops etc
– fun & whimsical
jumbo balloons, bubbles, glitter, snow globe, paper windmills
Possibilities are endless! Have fun!